January 18 – March 8, 2022
Twenty Important Spiritual Instructions
8 WEEKLY SESSIONS, Tuesdays, 6:00-7:30pm ET
Swami Sivananda’s Twenty Important Spiritual Instructions are the essence of all spiritual Sadhana. When practiced, they become life changing. Sadhana (spiritual practice) becomes steady and powerful.
“Whatever I have written in ever so many books, I have put down in my Twenty Important Spiritual Instructions” -Swami Sivananda
The course includes:
– Eight classes, an hour and a half each
– An in depth study of each and every instruction with a view to implement them in daily life.
– Learning to work with a resolve form
– Learning to work with a spiritual diary
– Personal guidance for forming a daily routine which will suit your individual ability and lifestyle. Jnaneshwari Chaitanya will be available to all students for questions and support.
About the Twenty Important Spiritual Instructions :
Swami Sivananda gave us twenty important spiritual instructions for the harmonizing of an active inner spiritual life with an active outer secular life. The instructions give the key to peace and happiness even while living in the world and through the world itself. They pave the way to a life of peace and happiness in the most practical and secure way.
About the resolve form:
Taking resolutions concerning spiritual life is a part and parcel of every spiritual aspirant’s life.
Resolutions are taken for the purpose of making progress and living up to our ideals and expectations. You will learn how to choose your own resolutions in a way which will ensure your safe and successful progress.
About the spiritual diary:
The spiritual diary is important for the keeping up of daily routine and for the purpose of self- analysis.
Swami Sivananda created a spiritual diary which includes every aspect of spiritual Sadhana or practice.
You will learn how to work with the diary and how to adapt it to your own needs and circumstances.
- introduction to Sadhana or spiritual practice
- The importance of early wake-up
- Japa and meditation, physical health and pranayama
- The practice of japa
- The dietetic discipline
- The ideal place for meditation
- Charity and its benefits
- Svadhyaya – the systematic study of holy books
- Brahmacharya- the preservation of the vital force
- Prayer for elevation of mind
- Satsanga, the company of the wise
- Fasting and its benefits
- Using a japa mala
- Mouna, the practice of silence
- Truthfulness and its significance
- Contentment and its benefits
- The practice of Ahimsa or non-violence
- Self reliance
- Self analysis
- Pure conduct , the fulfillment of duties
- Surrender to God
- Resolve form know how
Spiritual diary know how
Offered as 8 weekly sessions on Tuesdays, Jan 18, 25, Feb 1, 8, 15, 22 & Mar 1 & 8 6:00-7:30pm ET
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
Jnaneshwari Chaitanya is a senior teacher of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers. She joined the Sivananda organization in 2001 and was initiated into Brahmacharya in 2016.
An experienced and devoted practitioner of Yoga, meditation and philosophical studies, she regularly teaches Yoga and Vedanta in the ashram programs and the Bhagavad Gita in Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Courses. Jnaneshwari Chaitanya is known for her clear and pure way of communicating yogic knowledge and its application in daily life.