The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita:
Uplift Your Mind and Soul
with Rukmini Chaitanya
12-WEEK LIVE ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE
January 9 – March 26, 2024, Tuesdays 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
Join our Spiritual Family and live with more meaning and purpose each day.
By joining this 12-weekly session course you will embark on a journey of self discovery and enlightment through embracing divine virtues.
Participate in live gatherings for a joyful spiritual experience amongst like minded people from all over the world. Or watch the recordings at your own time and contact Rukmini Chaitanya at any time with your questions and thoughts. The course is approved by the Yoga Alliance for Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Join this upcoming course and dive deep into the profound teachings encapsulated in Chapter 16 of the Bhagavad Gita.
Delve into the contrasting virtuous and unvirtuous qualities as elucidated by Lord Krishna. Discover the significance of cultivating righteousness, virtues, and ethical conduct in our lives. Gain insights on how these timeless teachings offer practical guidance for navigating life’s challenges, fostering inner growth, and achieving spiritual harmony.
This webinar aims to explore the transformative power of embodying divine qualities in our daily existence, avoiding negative qualities, thereby fostering personal well-being, and contributing positively to the world around us. By developing inner peace and happiness with the guidance of the scriptures, we evolve spiritually and shine a light for others to be guided by, especially needed at this time of unrest and conflict in the World.
– The Bhagavad Gita, 16.23
The Bhagavad Gita (‘the Song of God’) is a message of divine wisdom addressed to mankind for all times, in order to help human beings face and solve the ever-present problems of birth and death, of pain, suffering, fear, bondage, love, and hate. It enables man to liberate himself from all limiting factors and reach a state of perfect balance, inner stability, and mental peace, complete freedom from grief, fear, and anxiety.
Chapter 16 of the Bhagavad Gita plays a crucial role in marking the distinction between virtuous and unvirtuous qualities, offering profound insights into human behaviour, ethical conduct, and spiritual growth. It serves as a moral compass, emphasizing the importance of cultivating qualities such as truthfulness, non-violence, humility, self-control, and compassion while cautioning against negative traits like arrogance, hypocrisy, anger, and selfishness. The Chapter offers a framework for self-reflection, aiding individuals in recognizing and overcoming negative tendencies while encouraging the development of positive attributes conducive to inner peace, happiness, and spiritual advancement.
Above all, Chapter 16 stands out for its direct and comprehensive discourse on moral conduct, serving as a moral compass and guiding light for individuals seeking spiritual growth and ethical living.
Key Highlights of this Course:
During this transformational journey you’ll gain the following insights…
The three main tenants of this course are
Connect, Study, Practice.
In Sanskrit we call them: Satsanga (association with spiritual people and teachers), Swadhyaya (Self Study or study of scriptures), Sadhana (Spiritual Practice)
During this 12 week course you will connect with…
- Like-minded spiritual seekers from around the world.
- An experienced teacher whose life is dedicated to spiritual study and practice.
- An authentic living lineage of great yoga masters – Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, and Swami Swaroopananda. This lineage goes all the way back to the great 8th century saint Adi Shankaracharya. It goes back even further to Lord Narayana, the Supreme Being Himself.
- Lord Krishna, the Divine Incarnation and the Jagad Guru (teacher of the whole world), who is the in-dweller of your heart.
- The sacred dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna, his beloved friend and disciple, the spiritual hero that represents all of us.
During these 12 weeks, you will study from the Bhagavad Gita which is..
- The Song of God (because that which you are can only be described in poetry, not in prose).
- A revelation of the most profound, sublime, and soul-stirring spiritual truths.
- The rare secret of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma.
- Your great guide, supreme teacher, and the source of all wisdom.
- An inexhaustible spiritual treasure, a fountain of bliss, and ocean of knowledge.
Classes will include short practices of
- Meditation — calming the mind, watching the breath, focusing within. This helps cultivate a sense of inner peace.
- Japa — silent repetition of Mantra, a sacred sound. This helps foster concentration.
- Kirtan — Chanting the Divine Name either alone or in a communal environment with the accompaniment of musical instruments; this boosts your energy reserves, helping you stay alert, awake, and aware throughout your daily activities for longer and with more joy.
- Students will be encouraged to practice Asana and Pranayama (yogic postures and breathing techniques) on their own time. You will also be asked to maintain a spiritual diary; you will have the option to share with Rukmini Chaitanya and receive spiritual guidance from her.
What people are saying about Rukmini Chaitanya…
Offered as 12 weekly sessions – Tuesdays January 9, 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 5, 12, 19 & 26 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET.
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
More praise for Rukmini Chaitanya…
“Rukmini Chaitanya presents online courses in a variety of areas, based on the sublime scriptures and monistic non-dual Vedanta tradition in a clear, consistent, uplifting and most important loving way. Highly recommended for seekers of all walks of life.”
– Menas C. Kafatos, Quantum Physicist, Philosopher, Writer
Rukmini Chaitanya is a senior staff member of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and the personal assistant to Swami Swaroopananda, the Acharya, or spiritual director of the Ashram. She regularly teaches the Bhagavad Gita during the Sivananda Yoga Teacher training as well as other courses on the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, positive thinking, meditation, and yoga philosophy.
Rukmini Chaitanya is known for her enthusiastic and inspiring teaching style as well as for her devotion to the lineage and the scriptures. She is dedicated to each of her students and has an innate desire to share knowledge with them. She brings a great deal of clarity to every topic and is highly appreciated for her capacity to unfold complicated topics and present them in a coherent and pure way.