The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita:
Uncover the Meaning of Life and the Secret of True Happiness
with Rukmini Chaitanya
10-WEEK LIVE ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE
May 10 – July 12, 2022, Tuesdays 6:30-8:00pm Eastern
Join our “Bhagavad Gita Club” and live with more meaning and purpose each day.
Since the beginning of the pandemic Rukmini Chaitanya has been teaching the Bhagavad Gita online for the benefit of all spiritual seekers searching for meaning, purpose, solace, and the answers to life’s deepest questions. We call this group “our spiritual family”. Each week our gatherings are a joyful spiritual experience amongst great company, with students from all over the world.
This upcoming course “The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita” focuses on the 10th and 11th chapters. This will be a continuation of learning for people who are already part of the group, and we wholeheartedly welcome new students who will greatly benefit from this exploration of wisdom and love.
We will begin with an introduction and a summary of everything that we have learned from the story of the Bhagavad Gita up until this point, so that everyone can move forward together. We will then delve into the teachings of the 9th and 10th chapters. There are really no words to describe how powerful and profound these chapters are.
During this transformational journey you’ll discover
The three main tenants of this course are
Connect, Study, Practice.
In Sanskrit we call them: Satsanga (association with spiritual people and teachers), Swadhyaya (Self Study or study of scriptures), Sadhana (Spiritual Practice)
During this week course you will connect with
- Like-minded spiritual seekers from around the world
- An experienced teacher whose life is dedicated spiritual study and practice
- An authentic living lineage of great yoga masters – Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, Swami Swaroopananda. This lineage goes all the way back to the great 8th century saint Adi Shankaracharya. It goes back even further to Lord Narayana, the Supreme Being Himself.
- Lord Krishna, the Divine Incarnation the Jagad Guru (teacher of the whole world), and the indweller of your heart.
- The sacred dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna, his beloved friend and disciple, the spiritual hero that represents all of us.
During these 10 weeks, you will study from the Bhagavad Gita which is
- The Song of God (because the subtly which you are can only be described in poetry, not in prose)
- A revelation of the most profound, sublime, and soul-stirring spiritual truths
- The rare secret of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma
- Your great guide, supreme teacher, and the source of all wisdom
- An inexhaustible spiritual treasure, a fountain of bliss, and ocean of knowledge
Classes will include short practices of
- Meditation: Calming the mind, watching the breath, focusing within
- Japa: Silent repetition of Mantra, a sacred sound
- Kirtan: Chanting the Divine Name
- Students will be encouraged to practice Asana and Pranayama (yogic postures and breathing techniques) on their own time, and to maintain a spiritual diary. You will have the option to share with Rukmini Chaitanya and receive spiritual guidance from her
Want to find out more?
Register to receive the free webinar:
Live Your Life with Purpose: Finding Spiritual Meaning During Challenging Times
Receive the FREE WEBINAR recording
What people are saying about Rukmini Chaitanya
“This was a great course. Rukmini Chaitanya is a great teacher. I was very impressed with her knowledge of Bhakti and her easy way of presenting it.”
– Susan Bushe
“Rukmini was my yoga philosophy teacher, meditation instructor, and karma yoga supervisor for three months. I cannot say enough good things about her teachings and her worldview. Take the course. You owe it to yourself and to the world.”
– Christopher Holvenstot
“Rukmini Chaitanya is so smart and so sweet and a very good teacher. I enjoyed myself very much.”
– Jasmin Cromwell
“I have always wanted to understand the Gita and Rukmini made it so easy and fun to learn.”
– Victoria Montanino Ortiz
“Rukmini Chaitanya is very knowledgeable and even if you don’t know much about the topic, she will transmit her passion and engagement to you.”
– Rita Rapella (Omkari)
Offered as 10 weekly sessions on Tuesdays, May 10, 17, 24, 31 Jun 7, 14, 21, 28 July 5, 12 6:30-8:00pm ET
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
More praise for Rukmini Chaitanya…
“Rukmini Chaitanya presents online courses in a variety of areas, based on the sublime scriptures and monistic non-dual Vedanta tradition in a clear, consistent, uplifting and most important loving way. Highly recommended for seekers of all walks of life.”
– Menas C. Kafatos, Quantum Physicist, Philosopher, Writer
Rukmini Chaitanya is a senior staff member of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and the personal assistant to Swami Swaroopananda, the Acharya, or spiritual director of the Ashram. She regularly teaches the Bhagavad Gita during the Sivananda Yoga Teacher training as well as other courses on the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, positive thinking, meditation, and yoga philosophy.
Rukmini Chaitanya is known for her enthusiastic and inspiring teaching style as well as for her devotion to the lineage and the scriptures. She is dedicated to each of her students and has an innate desire to share knowledge with them. She brings a great deal of clarity to every topic and is highly appreciated for her capacity to unfold complicated topics and present them in a coherent and pure way.