The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita:
Uncover the Meaning of Life and the Secret of True Happiness
with Rukmini Chaitanya
12-WEEK LIVE ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE
October 26, 2021 – January 11, 2022, Tuesdays 7:00-8:30pm Eastern
Join our “Bhagavad Gita Club” and live with more meaning and purpose each day.
Since the beginning of the pandemic Rukmini Chaitanya has been teaching the Bhagavad Gita online for the benefit of all spiritual seekers searching for meaning, purpose, solace, and the answers to life’s deepest questions. We call this group “our spiritual family”. Each week our gatherings are a joyful spiritual experience amongst great company, with students from all over the world.
This upcoming course “The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita” focuses on the 9th chapter. This will be a continuation of learning for people who are already part of the group, and we wholeheartedly welcome new students who will greatly benefit from this exploration of wisdom and love.
We will begin with an introduction and a summary of everything that we have learned from the story of the Bhagavad Gita up until this point, so that everyone can move forward together. We will then delve into the teachings of the 9th chapter. There are really no words to describe how powerful and profound the 9th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita is.
The 9th chapter is called The Yoga of the Kingly Science and the Kingly Secret. In each class we chant the verses in Sanskrit, and then read the English translation followed by commentary from Swami Sivananda. This is a very traditional way of learning this text.
This chapter divulges the long-awaited profound secret and the highest wisdom of Vedanta from the mouth of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Being Himself. In this chapter the nature of Reality and the true nature of the Self will be revealed. The chapter then goes on to describe Bhakti, Divine Love. Lord Krishna describes the path of Bhakti and teaches Arjuna how to walk this path, how to practice the Bhakti Sadhana and how to reach the culmination of this path – Atma Nivedanam – Total Self Surrender to God.
In this course we will uncover the teachings of the 9th chapter so we can learn how to focus the mind on the Divine, how to dedicate our body, mind and heart to Him, and how to get the heart in tune with God. Lord Krishna promises that this practice will bring us eternal bliss and immortality.
This course will have a powerful effect, not only from the weekly classes, but also due to our group’s daily connection through emails, chats, and stream messages on our class platform. Rukmini Chaitanya supports students throughout each week and replies to questions that arise in daily life regarding spiritual practice, or life in general.
Throughout this past year and a half, many of us have experienced grief, loss, loneliness, isolation, anxiety, depression, confusion and uncertainty. The study and practice of Yoga and Vedanta can serve as an anchor and a shield. It can protect us, it can ground us, it can heal our body, mind and heart. But most importantly, it can help us understand the meaning of all of this and reconnect us with the joy and bliss that we are.
Our “Bhagavad Gita Club” is a family of seekers from all over the world. Our weekly meetings bring us together around the topics which matters to us most – living life with meaning and purpose, in harmony with others and with the environment, expanding our horizons, learning new things, finding peace, security and happiness within, finding answers to the deepest questions, primarily the question “Who Am I?”
During this transformational journey you’ll discover
The three main tenants of this course are
Connect, Study, Practice.
In Sanskrit we call them: Satsanga (association with spiritual people and teachers), Swadhyaya (Self Study or study of scriptures), Sadhana (Spiritual Practice)
During this week course you will connect with
- Like-minded spiritual seekers from around the world
- An experienced teacher whose life is dedicated spiritual study and practice
- An authentic living lineage of great yoga masters – Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, Swami Swaroopananda. This lineage goes all the way back to the great 8th century saint Adi Shankaracharya. It goes back even further to Lord Narayana, the Supreme Being Himself.
- Lord Krishna, the Divine Incarnation the Jagad Guru (teacher of the whole world), and the indweller of your heart.
- The sacred dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna, his beloved friend and disciple, the spiritual hero that represents all of us.
During these 12 weeks you will study from the Bhagavad Gita which is
- The Song of God (because the subtly which you are can only be described in poetry, not in prose)
- A revelation of the most profound, sublime, and soul-stirring spiritual truths
- The rare secret of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma
- Your great guide, supreme teacher, and the source of all wisdom
- An inexhaustible spiritual treasure, a fountain of bliss, and ocean of knowledge
Classes will include short practices of
- Meditation: Calming the mind, watching the breath, focusing within
- Japa: Silent repetition of Mantra, a sacred sound
- Kirtan: Chanting the Divine Name
- Students will be encouraged to practice Asana and Pranayama (yogic postures and breathing techniques) on their own time, and to maintain a spiritual diary. You will have the option to share with Rukmini Chaitanya and receive spiritual guidance from her
Want to find out more?
Sign up for the upcoming free webinar:
Live Your Life with Purpose: Finding Spiritual Meaning During Challenging Times
Sign up for the FREE WEBINAR on October 19
What people are saying about Rukmini Chaitanya
Offered as 12 weekly sessions on Tuesdays, Oct 26 Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec 7, 14, 21, 28 Jan 4, 11 7:00-8:30pm ET
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
Rukmini Chaitanya is a senior staff member of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and the personal assistant to Swami Swaroopananda, the Acharya, or spiritual director of the Ashram. She regularly teaches the Bhagavad Gita during the Sivananda Yoga Teacher training as well as other courses on the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, positive thinking, meditation, and yoga philosophy.
Rukmini Chaitanya is known for her enthusiastic and inspiring teaching style as well as for her devotion to the lineage and the scriptures. She is dedicated to each of her students and has an innate desire to share knowledge with them. She brings a great deal of clarity to every topic and is highly appreciated for her capacity to unfold complicated topics and present them in a coherent and pure way.