July 18- August 15, 2022
The Bhagavad Gita: The Song of God
5 WEEKLY SESSIONS, Mondays, 5:00-6:30pm ET
“ In the whole world literature there is no book so elevating and inspiring as the Gita. It is an inexhaustible spiritual treasure. It is an ocean of knowledge. It is a universal scripture for people of all temperaments and for all times.”
This inspiring course will focus on chapter 15 of the Bhagavad Gita. In this chapter the material world is compared to an upside-down peepul tree ! On the branches of this mysterious tree, the embodied souls wander up and down, from lifetime after lifetime.
By describing in detail the symbolism of the upside-down tree, this chapter conveys the concept of how in ignorance of this tree of material existence, the embodied souls become bound to the material world, unaware of the reality of the Self.
This chapter teaches us that in order to realize the Truth, our own Self, we must first cut this tree of material existence with the ax of non-attachment or dispassion. Then we must look within and find the root of this tree which is no other than the Supreme Lord Himself !
In this course we will learn about :
- How the embodied soul, ignorant of its divine nature, savors the material objects of the senses and becomes bound to materialistic life
- The nature of Samsara or worldly life
- How the soul transmigrates to a new body at the time of death and how it carries with it the mind and senses; from the present and previous lives.
- The eye of knowledge – how it allows the Yogis to see clearly the presence of the soul in the body when alive and at its departure upon death. The ignorant, however, do not see this.
- The glories of God shine forth all around us in this world. By recognizing them, we can realize His existence.
- The real nature of Brahman, the Supreme Self, the Light of all lights
- The three aspects of the divine existence: the world of matter called the perishable, Maya Shakti – the illusory power of the Lord – called the imperishable and the eternal Supreme Being.
This course will inspire and uplift your mind! You will understand the truth about creation and about the soul. You will understand the true meaning of detachment or dispassion and its purpose.
This Bhagavad Gita course has been ongoing for over two years now and it is welcoming new students. With over twenty years of ashram life and teaching experience, Jnaneshwari Chaitanya will guide you through the teaching of this sacred text with clarity, love, and enthusiasm. Before starting the immersion into chapter 15, an introduction will be provided so that everyone can move forward together!
Millions of people around the world study the Gita and daily find solace, meaning and inner peace through the teachings contained in it. Begin your study and enjoy the benefits!
What People Are Saying About Jnaneshwari Chaitanya...
Offered as 5 weekly sessions on Mondays, Jul 18, 25, Aug 1, 8, 15 5:00-6:30pm ET
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
Jnaneshwari Chaitanya is a senior teacher of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers. She joined the Sivananda organization in 2001 and was initiated into Brahmacharya in 2016.
An experienced and devoted practitioner of Yoga, meditation and philosophical studies, she regularly teaches Yoga and Vedanta in the ashram programs and the Bhagavad Gita in Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Courses. Jnaneshwari Chaitanya is known for her clear and pure way of communicating yogic knowledge and its application in daily life.