The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita:
Uplift Your Mind and Soul
with Rukmini Chaitanya
12-WEEK LIVE ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE
March 7 – May 30, 2023, Tuesdays 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
Join our Spiritual Family and live with more meaning and purpose each day.
Join this 12-weekly session course and find meaning, purpose, solace, and the answers to life’s deepest questions. Participate in live gatherings for a joyful spiritual experience amongst like minded people from all over the world. Or watch the recordings at your own time and contact Rukmini Chaitanya at any time with your questions and thoughts. The course is approved by the Yoga Alliance for Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Join this upcoming course on the 13th chapter and dive deep into the mysteries of Jnana Yoga, the Yoga of Wisdom. Learn the practice of Self Inquiry and how to detach from limiting ideas and false notions and discover your true authentic Self.
The Bhagavad Gita is a message of divine wisdom addressed to mankind for all times, in order to help human beings face and solve the ever-present problems of birth and death, of pain, suffering, fear, bondage, love, and hate. It enables man to liberate himself from all limiting factors and reach a state of perfect balance, inner stability, and mental peace, complete freedom from grief, fear, and anxiety. Human drama is revealed within the Bhagavad Gita’s eighteen chapters. This is the experience of everyone in this world, the drama of the ascent of man from a state of hopelessness, utter dejection, sorrow, and total breakdown, to a state of perfect understanding, clarity, renewed strength, and triumph.
The thirteenth chapter is one of the most significant, most illuminating, most inspiring and most mystical portions of the Bhagavad Gita. The Lord gives us a wonderfully revealing insight into the human individual. It is the metaphysics of man, the unknown. The immortal Soul, with its physical embodiment, is the main theme of this discourse. The supreme transcendental Spirit, which is the eternal substratum beyond both, is also described in a wonderful manner. The knower of the Supreme Reality is instantly liberated.
These are the most significant, most illuminating, most inspiring, and most mystical portions of the Bhagavad Gita.
During this transformational journey you’ll discover…
The three main tenants of this course are
Connect, Study, Practice.
In Sanskrit we call them: Satsanga (association with spiritual people and teachers), Swadhyaya (Self Study or study of scriptures), Sadhana (Spiritual Practice)
During this 12 week course you will connect with…
- Like-minded spiritual seekers from around the world.
- An experienced teacher whose life is dedicated to spiritual study and practice.
- An authentic living lineage of great yoga masters – Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, and Swami Swaroopananda. This lineage goes all the way back to the great 8th century saint Adi Shankaracharya. It goes back even further to Lord Narayana, the Supreme Being Himself.
- Lord Krishna, the Divine Incarnation and the Jagad Guru (teacher of the whole world), who is the in-dweller of your heart.
- The sacred dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna, his beloved friend and disciple, the spiritual hero that represents all of us.
During these 12 weeks, you will study from the Bhagavad Gita which is..
- The Song of God (because that which you are can only be described in poetry, not in prose).
- A revelation of the most profound, sublime, and soul-stirring spiritual truths.
- The rare secret of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma.
- Your great guide, supreme teacher, and the source of all wisdom.
- An inexhaustible spiritual treasure, a fountain of bliss, and ocean of knowledge.
Classes will include short practices of
- Meditation — calming the mind, watching the breath, focusing within. This helps cultivate a sense of inner peace.
- Japa — silent repetition of Mantra, a sacred sound. This helps foster concentration.
- Kirtan — Chanting the Divine Name either alone or in a communal environment with the accompaniment of musical instruments; this boosts your energy reserves, helping you stay alert, awake, and aware throughout your daily activities for longer and with more joy.
- Students will be encouraged to practice Asana and Pranayama (yogic postures and breathing techniques) on their own time. You will also be asked to maintain a spiritual diary; you will have the option to share with Rukmini Chaitanya and receive spiritual guidance from her.
What people are saying about Rukmini Chaitanya…
Offered as 12 weekly sessions on Tuesdays on March 7, 14, 21, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25 & May 2, 9, 16 & 23rd from 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET.
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
More praise for Rukmini Chaitanya…
“Rukmini Chaitanya presents online courses in a variety of areas, based on the sublime scriptures and monistic non-dual Vedanta tradition in a clear, consistent, uplifting and most important loving way. Highly recommended for seekers of all walks of life.”
– Menas C. Kafatos, Quantum Physicist, Philosopher, Writer
Rukmini Chaitanya is a senior staff member of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and the personal assistant to Swami Swaroopananda, the Acharya, or spiritual director of the Ashram. She regularly teaches the Bhagavad Gita during the Sivananda Yoga Teacher training as well as other courses on the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, positive thinking, meditation, and yoga philosophy.
Rukmini Chaitanya is known for her enthusiastic and inspiring teaching style as well as for her devotion to the lineage and the scriptures. She is dedicated to each of her students and has an innate desire to share knowledge with them. She brings a great deal of clarity to every topic and is highly appreciated for her capacity to unfold complicated topics and present them in a coherent and pure way.