The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita:
Unlock the Meaning of Life and the Secret of True Happiness
with Rukmini Chaitanya
10-WEEK LIVE ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE
August 9 – Oct 18, 2022, Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:30 pm ET
Join our “Bhagavad Gita Club” and live with more meaning and purpose each day.
Since the beginning of the pandemic Rukmini Chaitanya has been teaching the Bhagavad Gita online for the benefit of all spiritual seekers searching for meaning, purpose, solace, and the answers to life’s deepest questions. We call this group “our spiritual family”. Each week our gatherings are a joyful spiritual experience amongst great company with students from all over the world.
This upcoming course “The Heart of the Bhagavad Gita” focuses on the 11th chapter. This will be a continuation of learning for people who are already part of the group. Newcomers are most welcome! Rukmini Chaitanya will start with the background story of the Mahabharata, an introduction to the Bhagavad Gita and a summary of the first 10 chapters before diving deep into the mysteries and the beauty of the 11th chapter.
There are really no words to describe how powerful and profound this chapter is.
During this transformational journey you’ll discover…
The three main tenants of this course are
Connect, Study, Practice.
In Sanskrit we call them: Satsanga (association with spiritual people and teachers), Swadhyaya (Self Study or study of scriptures), Sadhana (Spiritual Practice)
During this week course you will connect with…
- Like-minded spiritual seekers from around the world.
- An experienced teacher whose life is dedicated to spiritual study and practice.
- An authentic living lineage of great yoga masters – Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda, and Swami Swaroopananda. This lineage goes all the way back to the great 8th century saint Adi Shankaracharya. It goes back even further to Lord Narayana, the Supreme Being Himself.
- Lord Krishna, the Divine Incarnation and the Jagad Guru (teacher of the whole world), who is the in-dweller of your heart.
- The sacred dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna, his beloved friend and disciple, the spiritual hero that represents all of us.
During these 10 weeks, you will study from the Bhagavad Gita which is..
- The Song of God (because that which you are can only be described in poetry, not in prose).
- A revelation of the most profound, sublime, and soul-stirring spiritual truths.
- The rare secret of Yoga, Vedanta, Bhakti and Karma.
- Your great guide, supreme teacher, and the source of all wisdom.
- An inexhaustible spiritual treasure, a fountain of bliss, and ocean of knowledge.
Classes will include short practices of
- Meditation — calming the mind, watching the breath, focusing within. This helps cultivate a sense of inner peace.
- Japa — silent repetition of Mantra, a sacred sound. This helps foster concentration.
- Kirtan — Chanting the Divine Name either alone or in a communal environment with the accompaniment of musical instruments; this boosts your energy reserves, helping you stay alert, awake, and aware throughout your daily activities for longer and with more joy.
- Students will be encouraged to practice Asana and Pranayama (yogic postures and breathing techniques) on their own time. You will also be asked to maintain a spiritual diary; you will have the option to share with Rukmini Chaitanya and receive spiritual guidance from her.
What people are saying about Rukmini Chaitanya…
Offered as 10 weekly sessions on Tuesdays on August 9, 16, 23, 30 September 6, 13, 20, 27 & October 11 & 18 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm ET.
This program is offered live through Zoom webinar with the availability for students to interact through Q&A with the presenter.
For enrolled students, a video recording will be available after each class in the event you miss a class or would like to review the content.
It is possible to register and take the course at any time. You can catch up on any classes you miss with the recordings.
Requirements and Recommendations:
More praise for Rukmini Chaitanya…
“Rukmini Chaitanya presents online courses in a variety of areas, based on the sublime scriptures and monistic non-dual Vedanta tradition in a clear, consistent, uplifting and most important loving way. Highly recommended for seekers of all walks of life.”
– Menas C. Kafatos, Quantum Physicist, Philosopher, Writer
Rukmini Chaitanya is a senior staff member of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and the personal assistant to Swami Swaroopananda, the Acharya, or spiritual director of the Ashram. She regularly teaches the Bhagavad Gita during the Sivananda Yoga Teacher training as well as other courses on the Bhagavad Gita, Vedanta, positive thinking, meditation, and yoga philosophy.
Rukmini Chaitanya is known for her enthusiastic and inspiring teaching style as well as for her devotion to the lineage and the scriptures. She is dedicated to each of her students and has an innate desire to share knowledge with them. She brings a great deal of clarity to every topic and is highly appreciated for her capacity to unfold complicated topics and present them in a coherent and pure way.